ITC 28 Recipients of Student Travel Grants
ITC 28 has received 23 applications for student travel grants. An STG committee consisting of Prosper Chemouil (Orange Labs Networks, France) as award chair, Luigi Fratta (Politecnico di Milano, Italy) and Tobias Hoßfeld (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany) evaluated the applications and the advisor's recommendations.
Congratulations to the recipients of the ITC 28 student travel grants:
- Jan Willem Kleinrouweler, Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica, The Netherlands
- Manh Nam Tran, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Philip Lundrigan, University of Utah, US
- Thi-Minh Nguyen, UPMC Sorbonne University, France
- Ying Loong Lee, Multimedia University, Malaysia
Student Travel Grant Applications
The International Advisory Committee (IAC) of the ITC has decided to offer a number of travel grants that will be available to support full-time students for attending ITC 28. The amount of each grant is EUR 600 that can be used to cover student travel expenses related to attending ITC 28 conference, such as student registration fee, airline ticket, and hotel accommodation expenses.
The registration is open from June 6, 2016 until June 24, 2016. All applications registered before June 6, 2016 will be removed.
The application from the student should state why he/she wants to attend ITC 28 and how would he/she benefit from ITC 28. This description should be kept to a page maximum and uploaded through EDAS.
The advisor of the student must also submit an advisor’s recommendation stating that ITC 28 covers the applicant's research areas, details whether the student is a PhD candidate, and outlines how the student out stands among other students. Upon application from the student, the advisor will receive an invitation from EDAS to submit the recommendation.
It is important that both the student and advisor motivate the application with regards to the technical objectives of ITC and the research work of the applicant.
If selected, the Student commits to send within two weeks after ITC 28 a two-page report highlighting the benefits of having attended ITC 28, in terms of impact on his/her own research, of overall technical knowledge increase, and on technical exchanges and potential collaboration with other attendees.
Submission through EDAS
- Registration is open from June 6, 2016
- Application submission: June 24, 2016.
- Recommendation submission; July 4, 2016.
- Decisions/notification: July 10, 2016
- Acceptance by the recipient: July 18, 2016 (conference registration must be completed)
Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs Networks, France